Run Today For Fitness; Run Today For Brain power! How Running Boost Your Brain Power
Are you in your twenties? If so, do you run for your health? If yes, then good for you. There are added advantages to it that you may not have known. Running keeps you in good cardiovascular health. The added advantage is that it keeps your brain in good condition. A recent study published in the journal Neurology shows that good cardiovascular health is linked to sharper mental powers when you are in your middle age.
A major indicator of good health and fitness is how well your blood circulates i.e. how good your vascular functions are. Your blood serves to carry oxygen to the organs, and removes carbon dioxide from them. The better the blood flows, the better the vessels and organs stays oxygenated, and that includes the brain. It is a fact that more blood supply to the brain helps it to work better. Experiments performed much earlier have shown that a greater supply of blood is sent to the brain when it is working on a complex problem.
The study concluded that the more active you are in your twenties, the better your brain performs when you hit the forties, fifties and sixties, and that is more so if you continue to stay active during your late youth, and early adulthood.
The study team had more than 2,700 young adults to perform a series of treadmill fitness tests. More than twenty years later, the same people were asked to perform the same series of fitness and cardio function tests. The conclusions shown above were reached from the results.
- Helps your brain grow. Running, by improving blood flow to your brain, stimulates the growth of new blood vessels and nerve cells. This counteracts the inevitable shrinking that the brain undergoes with age.
- Helps your brain age better. Running also affects the brain specific chemicals in such a way that the brain stays healthy for a much longer time. It has greater metabolic efficiency, and neural plasticity.
- Boosts your to learn and recall information. A study in 2012 has shown that fitter people did better on memory tests. Thus if you are in the habit of running, your brain will have better memory functions.
- Conditions your brain to store more fuel. The basic food for the brain is glycogen which is broken down to glucose or sugar as needed. Just as training conditions the body to store more fuel, it conditions the brain to store more food. It is believed that large glycogen stores improve the brain’s cognitive functions. With more food available on tap, as it were, the brain stays more alert.
- Especially in nature, running floods your brain with chemicals that make you feel good. Exercise promotes the release of the chemicals known as endorphins in your brain. This group of chemicals help to reduce the feeling of pain, and bring a feeling of exhilaration. Running also induces the release of neurotransmitters serotonin, and norepinephrine which has a mood boosting effect, and also helps the brain retain these for a longer time.
Coming back to our original question, are you in your twenties and do you run for exercise? If not, then you better start. You will stay more alert for the rest of your life. You will be better able to cope with life’s problems, and career changes that generally crop up in mid-life. You will probably alsohave a better love life for a longer time, and who doesn’t want that? So, for those who already are running for exercise, keep it up, and for those who aren’t, don’t wait. Start today!http://aartiinformatics.com/health/how-running-boost-your-brain-power/How Running Boost Your Brain Powerhttp://aartiinformatics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Runner.jpghttp://aartiinformatics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Runner-300x300.jpgFITNESSHEALTHboost brain power,boost your brain power,good health and fitness,run for exercise,run for your health,run to boost brain power,running for exercise,running improves brain power,Running keeps good cardiovascular healthAre you in your twenties? If so, do you run for your health? If yes, then good for you. There are added advantages to it that you may not have known. Running keeps you in good cardiovascular health. The added advantage is that it keeps your brain in good...Aarti InformaticsAarti Daartiinformatics@gmail.comAdministratorAarti Informatics lead in development and invention of the industry’s most advanced information technologies, including computer systems, web-based solutions & business strategies.Aarti Informatics